Who Do You Need To Notify When Someone Dies?

When a loved one passes away it can be a really overwhelming time, even without all of the formalities of what needs to be done after somebody has died. However, there are a number of organisations you will need to notify as soon as possible, we’re sharing all the need to contact organisations…

Immediate Contact:

  • The person’s GP
  • Relatives and friends
  • The funeral director
  • Register office
  • Employer/school
  • Health professionals

Household & Bills Contact:

  • Mortgage provider or landlord
  • Utility companies (electricity, gas and water)
  • Buildings and contents insurance provider
  • Mobile phone provider
  • Broadband
  • TV companies

Government Official Contact:

  • HM revenue and Customs for tax purposes
  • Pension providers
  • Passport agency
  • DVLA if the deceased held a driving license
  • Local council for council tax and Electoral Register

Financial Contact:

  • Bank and building societies
  • Insurance companies (life, car and travel)
  • Credit card providers
  • Solicitor
  • Accountant
If your loved one has passed away you can use ‘The Bereavement Register’ to ensure that marketing calls and post will no longer be addressed to them too. If you’re not sure how to contact all of these organisations, Thomas Brothers can help you along the way with the right advice and experience to help make the process as easy as possible for you.