What is a direct cremation?
Direct cremation is a contemporary option for people who do not want a traditional funeral service, it is simple, fuss-free, and low-cost, allowing you to say your final goodbye in a respectful manner and in memory of a loved one who has sadly passed away, many families hold a separate memorial or celebration of life. There are typically fewer costs involved with direct cremation than with traditional funeral services, such as embalming, viewing the deceased, and the funeral service. There is no minister, procession, limousines, or pallbearers in this service, however, this does not mean that the quality of care that your loved one receives is compromised and is instead a more lowkey option for families.
The benefits of direct cremation
- A direct cremation is perfect for families who are on a tighter budget or are not in a position to pay for the expenses that a full scale funeral entails.
- You can give your loved one a service that suits you – without being tied to the traditions of a standard ceremony.
- Your loved one will still receive a dignified and professionally planned cremation without compromising quality.
What do direct cremations include?
- A doctor will be organised to put together all the necessary paperwork
- Your loved one will be cared for from the moment they are picked up with preparations being carried out by your funeral director
- A funeral vehicle will transport your loved one to the crematorium
- Scattering of ashes in a location of choice or the return of ashes to the family upon request