What You Need to Know

If death occurs at home

Contact your doctor (or the doctor on call) who will come to your home to certify the death and will issue a Notification of death, which in time must be taken to the registrars. Once the doctor has attended most families prefer for their loved one to be conveyed to our chapel of rest as soon as possible. This can be arranged by telephoning us on the above phone numbers at any time of the day or night.

At a Nursing or Residential Home

The above procedure is likely to have taken place with your permission by the senior in charge, Warden or Matron, who will be able to advise you of the whereabouts of the Notification of Death.

When the death occurs in hospital

When death happens in hospital the procedure is very similar. Apply to the hospital for the Medical Certificate of Death and not your family doctor.

The Coroner

In cases where the death has been reported to the Coroner the procedure is somewhat different. The Coroner and his officers are working in your interest. No doctor will issue the Medical Certificate of Death. This will be sent by the Coroner to the Registrar’s Office in the district where the death occurred, after contact has been made to the Coroner’s office.

Get in Touch

Redditch Office


494 Evesham Road, Redditch, Worcestershire B97 5JF

Telephone: 01527 547 777

Alvechurch Office


12A Red Lion Street, Alvechurch, Worcestershire B48 7LF

Telephone: 0121 445 3422

Wythall Office


100 Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, West Midlands B47 5HA

Telephone: 01564 822 001